Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Stills-BARNS

Sunday Stills challenge this week- BARNS & it happens to be one of my favorite subjects to photograph. To join in any of the Sunday Stills photo challenge Click Here.
I have not been able to get out & shoot this year due to weather & some personal events. Here are a few file images. They were taken from local historic places in Westchester.
More are found HERE, my Gallery.



Philipsburg Manor

Philipsburg Manor is a small historic manor, gristmill museum located in Tarrytown NY along the Hudson River. The manor dates back to 1693 & was built by Frederick Philipse. The next two images from the Manor, the outside & inside of the barn found on the grounds.

Philipsburg Manor

Philipsburg Manor

The next 3 images are from Muscoot Farms located in Somers. It was a "Gentleman's Farm" owned by the Hopkins family, used as a dairy farm between 1880-1924 & a summer estate. In 1924 the family moved there as their year-round home & continued to operated the dairy farm till 1967. Westchester County acquired the property in the late 60's & is now an Interpretive Farm.

Muscoot Farm

Muscoot Farm

Muscoot Farm

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photographs are beautiful. Makes me want to go explore some more old barns.

The Wife said...

Lovely pics as always! You never disappoint!!

Martha said...

Beautiful shots! I hope all is well in your world. I hope to get back to playing along on some of the challenges soon. I've missed you! Martha

J9 said...

The first shot with the reflection in the water and the framing of the trees is excellent!

Janice said...

Very Nice.

threecollie said...

Wow, great stuff, I am hard put to decide which one I like best. They are all terrific.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! I want that red barn. Beautiful photos all! :)

~Lisa
New Mexico

Flo said...

These pictures are incredible!!! I love that last one.

You can see what I came up with over at my photo blog.

Steffie said...

They are super! I especially love the shot of the inside. Like time as stood still.

Andrea said...

Wonderful shots....I love the last one!! :)

Ed said...

Sweet shots, the older the barns the better...:-)

Regular Guy said...

Awesome shot of the interior. You truly have a good eye and gift. Very good job and thanks for sharing your wonderful photos.

Anonymous said...

Nice shots, I love what you've done with the last one.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That inside shot is awesome as is the interperative center..they did a great job restoring that barn..it is breathtaking. How wonderful that it is being put to good use. All beautiful photographs! :)

Lori Skoog said...

Fabulous photos. I especially love the red barn.

Andrea Baker said...

these are beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

I always look forward to seeing your submissions! Your barns are beautiful. Truly a work of art.

CTG Ponies said...

Awesome! I love the history that the barns have retained.

Nancy said...

Oh how I've grown to love old barns....especially the more I see YOUR pics! : )

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed you on Sunday, but these barns are beautiful..loved them all.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm so late, I must have missed you on Sunday. These barns are really beautiful, lovely shots.

sista' moonshine said...

Love the beauty in the red barn, but the last photo is amazing. I love it.

mtrib2 said...

I have enjoyed reflecting on all photo's since my last visit. The artist painting is a great way to give a sense of the atmosphere at the beautiful landscape surroundings. On May 8 a storm hit S. IL with 106 mph winds. There was one fatality. I was without electricity for 9 days where I live. Now I am back to doing work on my home addition. I hope to start getting the siding on soon. mark/salty

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

what's an Interpretive Farm ? My brother, a lawyer had a gentleman farm. It didn't last long, the girld enjoyed the houses and the pet pig.

Thanks for visiting my site.

MariesImages said...

It is a teaching farm.

From the dictionary;
a teaching technique that combines factual with stimulating explanatory information - natural history interpretation program